Maple Bourbon Bacon Pecan Pie
Classic pecan pie is delicious, but it is very sweet. This rendition cuts the sweet with savory & smokey flavors from the bacon and bourbon. This has quickly become our most famous pie at Avenue Eatz
- 1 ¾- cups pecan pieces (7oz)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 strips cooked, smoked Bacon (crumbled)
- 1oz Bourbon
- 3/4 cup pure Maple syrup (7oz)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Blind bake pie dough (see our blind baking post)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spread pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted.
- Stir together eggs and next 7 ingredients; stir in pecans. Pour filling into pie shell.
- Cover pie with foil & bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil & bake for an additional 20-25 minutes until center is set, but not puffy
Be sure to use good quality bourbon so you can enjoy a glass on the rocks while you're waiting for the pie to cook!
Tuesday through Sunday 7:00-3:00