Peanutbutter Chocolate Pie Recipe
Who doesn't love peanutbutter & chocolate?!
Write a review
- 2 pounds (about 3) sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), melted
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (4oz by weight)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 6oz bittersweet Chocolate chips (seperated)
- 2oz Half and Half
- 1oz Butter (softened)
- Blind bake pie dough (see our blind baking post)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Whisk together hot butter and peanut butter.
- Whisk in eggs, sugar, cornmeal, flour, vinegar, and vanilla.
- Mix in 2oz of chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pie shell.
- Cover pie with foil & bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil & bake for an additional 20-25 minutes until center is set, but not puffy
for the ganache
- Once the pie has cooled, make the ganache
- Heat the half and half in the milk, being careful not to boil (about 45-60 seconds)
- Quickly mix the remaining chocolate chips into the ganache
- Once incorporated, mix in softened butter
- Spread over cooled pie